- Postdoctoral Fellow, Nephrology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn.
- Ph.D., Physiology/Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego
- B.S., Biology, Ft. Lewis College, Durango, Colo.
- Research Associate Professor, Physiology and Pharmacology
- USD Sanford School of Medicine
Basic science research opportunities in vascular physiology are available in a USD-affiliated laboratory located in Sioux Falls. Dr. Munger is working with a novel pharmaceutical compounds that cross-link collagen fibers in blood vessels. This Natural Vascular Scaffolding (NVS) product is now in development at a small local biotech company, Alumend, in Sioux Falls. Dr. Munger's lab is focused on examining the improvements in vascular physiology associated with strengthening the collagen fibers in blood vessels with NVS.
Various analytical and surgical techniques are used in the laboratory including, small animal surgery, gel electrophoresis, immunohistochemistry, real time PCR, microscopy and quantitative analysis. Many student projects are available.