- M.D., Chengde Medical College, Chengde, China
- Ph.D., Physiology, Beijing Medical University, Beijing, China
- M.S., Physiology, Anhui College of Chinese Medicine, Hefei, China
- Associate Professor, Basic Biomedical Sciences
- USD Sanford School of Medicine
Neurohumoral control of cardiovascular functions: (1) Interactions of neurotransmitters/modulators in central autonomic pathways and central mechanisms involved in altered autonomic functions in cardiovascular diseases including heart failure, diabetes. (2) Interactions of neurotransmitters/modulators within the hypothalamus in endocrine regulations and their roles in regulation of cardiovascular functions in physiological and pathophysiological conditions.
Neuroimmunoregulation: (1) Autonomic regulations of cytokine generation and release and their roles in cardiovascular diseases. (2) Central and peripheral actions of cytokines on neuro-endocrine functions and their roles in regulation of cardiovascular functions. Morphometry of normal and diseased hearts.