Lisa McFadden, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Basic Biomedical Science
- USD Sanford School of Medicine
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Pharmacology & Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Ph.D., Neuroscience and Behavioral Psychology, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- M.A., Neuroscience and Behavioral Psychology, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- B.S., Statistics and Psychology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
Current Research: Methamphetamine addiction is a serious world wide health problem for which no drug therapies are currently available in the United States. Understanding the changes in the brain that underlie addiction and relapse is an important step towards developing successful drug interventions. The current project will investigate the changes int he brain associated with methamphetamine-seeking.