Jason Petersen, Ph.D.
- Research Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, USDSSM
- Research Scientist, Avera Research Institute
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City
- Ph.D., Molecular & Cellular Biology, University of South Dakota
- B.S., Biology, Bethel College, St. Paul, Minn.
Jason Petersen, Ph.D. will not be accepting students in 2016.
Current Research: The ultraviolet component of sunlight induces DNA damage which can be lethal or mutagenic to cells. In response to this threat, cells have developed mechanisms of DNA repair. The current aim of Dr. Petersen's research is to use molecular map-based cloning to identify and characterize genes involved in these DNA repair processes in the model organism Chlamydomonas reinhardtii.