Ratan Bhardwaj, Ph.D.
- Medical Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Sanford Children's Hospital
Staff Scientist, Sanford Children's Hospital
- Sanford Children's Hospital
- Ph.D., Stem Cells, Medical Nobel Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
- M.D., Medicine, Queen's University, Kingston, Canada
- B.S., Biology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Current Research: Regenerative medicine holds great promise in the years ahead. Dr. Bhardwaj's past research was focused on stem cell dynamics in adult human organs. The Bhardwaj Lab will focus efforts on studying the potential of cellular plasticity, by manipulating the epigenetic landscape and non-coding milieu. The team will investigate umbilical cord cells' transdifferentiation potential under various biophysical and molecular manipulations.