Sam Milanovich, M.D.
- Associate Scientist, Sanford Research
- Assistant Professor, USDSSM
- Post-doc, Stem cell transcriptional regulation, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Fellow, Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, and BMT, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Resident, Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- M.D., Medicine, University of North Dakota School of Medicine, Grand Forks, ND
- B.A., Biology, Augustana College, Sioux Falls, SD
Current Research: Our lab studies normal blood development (hematopoiesis) and blood cancer (leukemia). Specifically we focus on fundamental mechanisms that lead to the transformation of a normal blood cell into a cancer causing leukemia stem cell (aka leukemia initiating cell). For this project we will use pediatric leukemia cell lines and mouse animal models of leukemia to study novel genes in leukemia development.