Hongli Sun, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- University of South Dakota
- Post-doc, Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Ph.D., Cell Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
- M.S., Cell Biology, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, China
- B.S., Biology, Changchun Normal University, Shanghai, China
Current Research: Our research seeks to understand the underlying mechanism by which adult stem cell and macrophages behaviors are regulated by micro-environmental cues during bone/cartilage tissue regeneration. Inspired by the fundamental findings in stem cell/developmental biology, we are devoted to developing novel stem cell/nano-biomaterials-based translational strategies for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Dr. Sun's long term goal is to develop novel therapeutics for musculoskeletal related diseases, including large bone/cartilage defects, bone metastasis, heterotopic ossification, osteoporosis, and arthritis.